$19.95 PLA Member
$22.00 ALA Member
The Bed Bug Guide for Public Libraries is a thorough look at managing what is becoming an increasingly common problem for public libraries. The book’s expert author, Sarah Kittrell, collection development division manager of the Wichita Public Library, has served as her library’s pest management coordinator since 2012 and has amassed a lot of experience in the arena. As Sarah says, “…while there is no doubt that bed bugs are a headache for libraries…this guide is meant to help you and your library develop the plans and tools that are necessary to ensure introductions are caught and dealt with as quickly as possible, stopping infestation scenarios before they have a chance to truly start. Libraries around the country and world have successfully dealt with bed bugs and you can too.”
This digital download provides information that will help you:
- Recognize the signs of bed bug introductions and infestations;
- Create an action plan for dealing with bed bug introductions;
- Develop policies and procedures to help you work with customers who may have pest issues in their residences;
- Understand bed bug treatment and mitigation options, allowing you to protect your facilities and collections; and
- Feel confident talking to the public about bed bugs and what your library is doing to proactively protect your facilities, equipment, and collections.
- Bed Bugs in Libraries
- The Bed Bug – A Primer
- The Fall and Rise of the Modern Bed Bug Problem
- Wichita Public Library’s Story
- Defending Against Infestation
- Quarantine and Infestation Protocols
- The Pest Management Coordinator
- Working with Customers Suspected of Returning Items with Bed Bugs
- Policy and Procedural Decisions
- Talking with the Media and Public About Bed Bugs
- Professional Pest Control Options
- Chemicals and Fumigation
- Final Thoughts
We are still working out the kinks in our ecommerce tools! In the meantime, just complete this order form, fax it to 312-280-5029 and we’ll email you The Bed Bug Guide ASAP!
Digital downloads in the PLA Quick Reads series are all about helping you make the best use of your time by covering important topics in public librarianship in a quick, practical, and direct way. The goal is to shed light on an essential topic quickly and because busy public librarians don’t have a ton of time, each of the publications is under 100 pages. Contact us at email@example.com to get more information about PLA Quick Reads.