1. You tell someone you’re a librarian and get hit with stereotypes of librarians from the 60s.
2. While you do get some really unique reference questions, you also get the same questions over and over again.
3. People think your job is easy.
4. The patron who always asks for you and makes you feel a little uncomfortable.
5. Your patrons think you’re a computer expert because you know how to open an e-mail attachment.
6. When books get returned and they smell funny or are sticky.
7. When your library is cold.
8. Tax season.
9. The never-ending fight against bed bugs.
10. When someone comes in looking for a book, but they have no idea what the book is called, who the author is, or what the book is about.
Even though there are days when you can’t wait to go home and relax — when a patron comes up to you and lets you know how much they appreciate your help with the book recommendation, or the job search, or taxes, or using a computer, it reminds you of why it’s all worth it. Want to see a whole bunch of amazing librarian problem gifs? Check this out.