The Bed Bug Guide for Public Libraries is a thorough look at managing an increasingly common problem for public libraries. The book’s expert author, Sarah Kittrell, collection development division manager of the Wichita Public Library, has served as her library’s pest management coordinator since 2012 and has amassed a lot of experience in the arena. As Sarah says, “…while there is no doubt that bed bugs are a headache for libraries…this guide is meant to help you and your library develop the plans and tools that are necessary to ensure introductions are caught and dealt with as quickly as possible, stopping infestation scenarios before they have a chance to truly start. Libraries around the country and world have successfully dealt with bed bugs and you can too.”
This digital download provides information that will help you:
- Recognize the signs of bed bug introductions and infestations;
- Create an action plan for dealing with bed bug introductions;
- Develop policies and procedures to help you work with customers who may have pest issues in their residences;
- Understand bed bug treatment and mitigation options, allowing you to protect your facilities and collections; and
- Feel confident talking to the public about bed bugs and what your library is doing to proactively protect your facilities, equipment, and collections.
Order and get more information here.