In this episode we discuss providing the best library service for your LGBTQ community with our guest Joel A. Nichols. Joel is the author of the winner in this year’s “Public Libraries” magazine feature article contest, for the article “Serving All Families in a Queer and Genderqueer Way.” He is an administrator for data strategy and evaluation in the Strategic Initiatives Department at the Free Library of Philadelphia, where he previously worked as a children’s librarian and branch manager and the author of “Teaching Internet Basics – The Can-Do Guide” and “I-Pads in the Library” both published by Libraries Unlimited.
Resources for this Podcast:
- Serving All Library Families in a Queer and Genderqueer Way (Feature Article, Public Libraries Magazine, JanFeb 2016 Issue)
- The Tyler Clementi Foundation
- Free Library of Philadelphia Blog Post about Free Library of Pride Events
- Background on QUILTBAG acronym
- Using Gender Pronouns
- GLBT Round Table of ALA – Various resources (Booklists, Bathroom Policies)